22.8.12

I had NO idea...

Turns out I can be more emotional than I thought. I've never been much of a crier. But Annie started school this morning. I cried before she woke up, then managed to keep it together until the second I walked out of her classroom, and I've pretty much been a wreck since then. I think people driving down 1st N thought someone had died as I pushed the stroller home bawling. She's in first grade, and it's just such a huge change for her to be gone all day! It's about more than I can handle. Oh jeez, I'm crying again just writing about it.

On the other hand, Annie was totally fine. They even did a last second teacher switch on her, and she rolled with it (a lot better than me actually). She will absolutely love it. If I wasn't 100% sure of that, I couldn't do it.



Guess I better bust out the waterproof mascara for the next couple of weeks.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Annie looks so ready and sooooo cute. You will all survive. Just remember that it will be the same when Max starts 1st grade, and Mae, and , and , and ...
It is a big change for the whole family.
Love you & yours!
Gram

Anna said...

Wow! First grade already!? I thought she and cecily were the same age. How exciting for her!

Adrian said...

What a little cutie! I can't believe she is so big already - ok, sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear... :)

Katie said...

ssooo cute. you brought my mom to tears when she saw you on wednesday! It will get better. I laughed and laughed at Annie's ice cream surprise! So Lily wasn't the only one!!;)

we want an invite to annie's blog! katelynn625@yahoo:):)

Melissa said...

These pictuers make me feel happy. The cosmos behind her and she looks so much like you did when I met you :-)Good luck! I dread the day Jax goes to school all day, and he's a monster! He's not really, I'm just kidding! But seriously, he's a monster.

RileyDestry said...

She's a champ! I can't even imagine the cases of Kleenex and chunky monkey icecream that I'll have to stock up on to get through the first day of school. It's a big one.

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com